Thursday 5 March 2020

Day 23 - hip motions and down position

What I did today:
Today I continued to work on the animation and. followed the tutorial, I moved the hips so that they would move with the legs when walking as well as making the down position from the reference.

I first started by tilting the. upper body forwards a bit because when humans walk we are leaning forward a bit.

I then rotated the pelvis forward a bit so that it would seem like the body was putting more weight on the contact foot.

I then tilted the hip to the side a bit just like when normally walking our hips shift because the weight of our body is shifting from one leg to the other.

I then copy and paste the pose of the upper body and hips onto frame 25 as well as copy, pasting and reversing the pose on frame 13.

Then to start the down position I first rotated the foot back down onto the ground, just like the reference.

I then copied this on frame 10 so that the leg wouldn't raise back up because it is not changed on frame 13.

I then repeated this on the opposite leg on frame 16 and 22.

For the down pose, I then moved the upper body down a bit for the down pose and make it look like the front leg was taking most of the weight.

I then copied the move onto frame 16 for the other leg.

What I'm doing tomorrow:
Tomorrow I will continue on finishing up the down pose and also work on the up pose as well. I will also keep following the tutorial, as even though I am using a different model then the one in the tutorial it is helping me with the movements, I am just shifting the movements to fit my character better.




No comments:

Post a Comment