Wednesday 11 March 2020

Day 27 - Starting upper body movement

What I did today:
Today I started on the upper body for my character. I first started with the chest movements.

I wanted the chest to rotate back and forth like it does in real life when people walk. Because I already had a base for this with the pelvis, so I decided to start there.

I first went to the timeline and isolated the keyframes for the z-axis rotation for the pelvis. I then copied them by pressing 'Control+C'.

After copying the frames from the pelvis I went to the chest and then pasted them there. Because there needs to be an existing keyframe there to copy-paste a movement to that bone, I first made a keyframe on frame 1 by just pressing 'I' and choosing to make a keyframe solely on rotation.


I then went to the y-axis rotation for the pelvis and copy and pasted them as well. though when I pasted it the frames went back 3 frames so they would start on frame 1 instead of frame 4 like they are for the pelvis. To fix this I selected all the keyframes and went to frame 1. I then added a cycles modifier and pressed 'G+3' this moved all the frames over by 3 while also adding a perfect loop.



The problem I now had was that the upper body was now a perfect copy of the movements but what I needed was them to be copied and reflected so it moved opposite to the pelvis. To fix this I selected all the frames for the chest I had made and pressed 'Control+M' which then popped open a small menu where I then pressed the 'By Values over Value=0' This flipped all the keyframes making it so that the pelvis and chest moved in different ways.

Lastly, I added a small delay to the chest movements by selecting all the keyframes and moving them to the right by 1. I did this by pressing 'G+1' which moved everything over bey one frame, creating a small lag between the chest movements and the pelvis' movements.

What I'm doing tomorrow:
Tomorrow I will start on the arm movements, I will be doing just the normal back and forth sway for the arms.


No comments:

Post a Comment