Monday 9 March 2020

Day 25 - Fixing the transition to the leg passing

What I did today:
Today I worked on the positioning of the foot and leg on the leg passing when the walk is going from one step to the next.

I first started on the down position keyframes because the leg from the contact position to the down position was moving forward, which it shouldn't be doing because when moving in a walk first the foot lifts up before moving forward while in the animation the leg was moving forward at the same time as the foot going up.
To fix this, I first undid the rotation to the ankle on the down frame by pressing 'Alt+R'
I then selected the general foot bone and rotated it so it would be as if the foot had just lifted up. I then moved it back to the same distance where the foot is on the contact position but just a bit forward. All of these movements were done on the first down position which is on frame 4.
I then went to frame 7 which is the passing frame for the leg.
The leg was too far back than where it should be so I moved it up and forward just a bit. I also canceled the movements the ankle had by pressing 'Alt+R', I didn't change it after that because the reset put it to a good position that fit the movement.
I finished the leg pass on one foot so to get it on the other foot in an easy manner, I copied the motions I did first on the down position for the ankle and leg, and then 'Shift+Control+V' which pastes the movement and flips it so it's on the other leg. I pasted the movements on frame 13 which is the down position for the other leg.
I then did the same for the movements I did to the leg and ankle on frame 7 which is the first passing frame and pasted and reversed it on frame 16 which is the opposite legs passing frame.

What I'm doing tomorrow:
Tomorrow I will do the final bits for the leg motions that are said in the tutorial which will be adding a bit more extra details in the foot movements and waist movements. After finishing up what the tutorial shows for the lower leg motions I will adjust some of the movements to fit my character a bit more.






No comments:

Post a Comment