Monday 13 April 2020

Day 29 - Right Arm motions

What I did today:
Today I worked on the motions for the right arm. I separated the motions and did the motions for the lower arm and then the motions for the hand. The lower arm is what I mostly had to move because of the lower arm is what most moves when walking.


I started by creating rotation markers for the lower arm at frame 13 and the passing positions on frame 7 and 19. And moved the arms towards the end of the circle on each of the frames.
I then added some on the down positions as well and moved them forward toward the other end of the circle as well.
I moved the hands on the keyframes towards the end of the circle because the closer markers are on the circle the slower the movement will be towards the end of that motion forward or backwards.
It's the opposite for the markers in the middle that are more separated, as the more separated the markers. are from each other then the faster the motion will be when moving. 


I then went to the graph editor because the motion was a little jerky so to fix that I went to each of the rotation graphs and deleted the keyframes in between the curves to give a better and smoother curve in the graph which gives a smoother motion. I started with the y rotation axis and then did the rest of the rotation axis. 


Then I did the same thing I did for the lower arm, but for the hand. I had the hand sway back and forth when moving, but gave it a bit of exaggeration due to the character being a bit more cartoony. Then to fix the jerkyness for the hand I deleted the keyframes in the middle of the curves to make the motion smoother.

What I learned:
Today I learned that the figure-eight markers help figure out the timing for the motions of the body part I'm moving. So that if the markers are closer together the slower the motion and the further apart they are in the circle then the faster the motion is.

What I'm doing tomorrow:
Tomorrow I will work on copying the motions from the right arm and hand to the left arm and hand. As well as adding more animation to the fingers when the move so that they close more instead of being open the entire time.



No comments:

Post a Comment