Friday 24 April 2020

Day 35 - Starting new project

What I did today:
Today I decided on my next project which will be the spiderman swinging scene that I was thinking about doing in my last post. I am doing this scene because I want to challenge myself with something big as I can learn more from doing something big and finding out about new techniques and using them right away, rather than learning small things one at a time over time. This way, I will know what important things I should practice in my animations to get better.

For the project, I started by going to the video and watching through part 1 first where he explains the rig and background in detail. He also put the assets in the description of the video to download so I did.

This was the link in the description.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_b9fpRn9cE - this is the link for the video.

After downloading the rig, I played around with it for a bit and played with the controls a bit to get used. to them. I also put all the bones to FK instead of IK in the rig setting. I did this because IK bones are locked in the position where they start and don't move with the body when a larger part of the bone is moved. While with FK bones the bones will move with the rest of the body. For example, if the arm is IK and the rest of the body is FK then if I moved the body forward by selecting the torso then the arm would not follow and would stay where it is. Which. is why I changed the bones to FK because I want the body to move together because the scene requires everything to move quickly, together and smoothly.

What I'm doing on Monday:
On Monday I will start on the animation and follow along with the tutorial.


No comments:

Post a Comment