Wednesday 22 April 2020

Day 35 - Final renders and what I learned from this project

What I did today:
Today I did the final renders for my walk animation, for this render I changed one thing which was instead of rendering into an FFmpeg video I rendered it into an AVI video, just because the final product ends up looking better and it renders quicker.
Final render and what I learned:
In the final render, the jerkiness in the legs that I noticed from before is fixed but there is another problem now where it in the middle where I duplicated the keyframes to make it longer it lags a bit and is a little jerky. The eyes have improved a lot more but they still move very fast but they are not as jerky. I didn't fix this problem now because I don't want to spend too much time on this project. This project did teach me a lot about animating movements with body parts. I used calculated paths for the first time to use as tools for timing and how fast or slow or delayed the movements are. I also learned that it is very tough to animate a face at the same time as a fast movement that isn't in a large timeline. For example, the animation I did that only focused on the face before this had more close to 300 frames from what I remember while this one only had 42 which made it much faster. I also for the first time used a rig that was very user friendly and that had shortcuts for the animater to move multiple body parts at the same time.

What I'm doing tomorrow:
Tomorrow I'm going to start a new animation, which right now I'm thinking of doing a scene from a youtube tutorial I found of Spider-man swinging through the city.

This is the animation I'm thinking of doing. The reason I want to do such a big scene is that I can challenge myself with something big instead of doing more small animations.

No comments:

Post a Comment