Thursday 16 April 2020

Day 32 - Fixing minor problems before rendering

What I did today:
Today I worked on some problems I was having with the torso rotation where the torso was rotating one way but not the other way. After I finish this I'm going to render the animation and then watch it to see if there's anything I can improve.

In this screenshot, the rotation of the torso is to the left but the problem is that after the middle contact position it should move back towards the right but it doesn't do that which is what I need to fix.
To fix this problem I went to the graph editor and chose the y-rotation of the torso and increased the size of the ends that make the torso rotate right and reduced the left rotation which seemed to fix the problem of the torso rotation.

Next, I moved onto the rendering of the animation.
For the render, I unhid the background and camera control so that I could position the camera where I wanted it, and I chose to do a position that shows the full body moving.

For the render itself, I went to the output settings tab on the side and chose my location for the render as well as choosing my file format which I set as an FFmpeg video. I also set my fps at 60 frames but depending on the animation I may change that later to see the difference between 60fps and 30fps for the animation. I then went to the top left corner and clicked render animation.



Watching the rendered animation I realized that the blinking was too fast and too often, the same thing with the eye movement being too fast, so I will need to fix that, as well as the legs beings a bit jerky in the movement which can probably be fixed by going to the graph editor.

What I learned today:
I learned that the best way to tell if there are mistakes in the animations I make is to view them fully rendered, as that is the way other people will view them and the speed that I view the animation in Blender is different then the speed that the rendered animation plays at. By viewing the animation rendered first before finishing the project I can see mistakes I may have missed without doing that, such as the fast blinking and eye movement I would've missed if I hadn't rendered a test version first.

What I'm doing tomorrow:
Tomorrow I will work fixing the mistakes I noticed such as slowing down the blinking and eye movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment