Tuesday 21 April 2020

Day 33 - Fixing problems found in render

What I did today:
Today I started on fixing some of the issues that I found from rendering. I started with the eyes and the duration of the animation because they seemed very jittery and the character was blinking too often.

To lengthen the duration of the animation I changed the frame end to 48 and then duplicated every keyframe over with frame 26 being the start of the duplicated portion of the animation.

After duplicating I realized there where some keyframes that were there, after the ending of the walk that was added due to the cycles modifier to the waist animation in the graph editor. so to fix this I changed the end frame to 42 instead of 48. 

Then to fix the blinking issue I went to the eyelids keyframes and deleted some keyframes for the blinks that I thought weren't necessary.

I also lengthened some of the opened eye portions of the blink and moved over the closed portion of the blinks so they happened sooner.


I then also got rid of some of the random eye movements to get rid of the jitteriness of the eyes, as well as moved over some keyframes for the eyes so they moved at different times to also help fix the problem. While I was doing the eye movements I also got rid of the small open teeth smile that I had in the middle of the mouth animation because in the animation I noticed that it wasn't very noticeable and went by too quick.

What I learned today:
Today I learned that it is very hard to match the facial movements to the body movements in a set amount of frames because the timings for the two are completely different.

What I'm doing tomorrow:
Tomorrow I'm going to fix some of the jerkiness in the leg movements as well as refine the facial animations by going to the graph editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment