Wednesday 15 April 2020

Day 31 - Eye motion and facial expression

What I did today:
Today I worked on adding facial expressions and eye movements to the character.

I started on adding blinks to the character, and to start I added a starting position for the eyelids as well as copying that same position to the end so it looped well.

I then created a keyframe on frame 3 of the eyes closed and then went back and forth between the closed and opened eyes for every second frame.
Because the blinks were very close together and looked very fake I added some pauses in between the blinks and to do that I just got rid of some of the blinks to create a bit more of randomness to it.

Then so that the character wasn't repeatedly just staring in one direction, I made him look around and made it a bit random by adding some long looks to the side while also adding smaller looks around.


I then added a smile to the start and end of the animation so that the character isn't dead faced the entire animation as well as adding a small smile with the teeth showing in the middle of the animation to add some more variety.

What I learned today:
Today I learned that some models also have controls that join the eyes together so that they can move in unison instead of having to move each eye individually.

What I'm doing tomorrow:
Tomorrow I'll be refining the animation a bit more, and fixing some problems I saw with the torso before doing a test render to see what it looks like, fully rendered.


No comments:

Post a Comment