Thursday 20 February 2020

Day 15 - Facial expression: frown

What I did today:
Today I started on the second facial expression which was a sad frown. For personal home reasons I still can't use my better computer so I worked on my laptop again today. The frown for the face is a bit harder than the smile due to there being more muscles used then in a smile, especially due to the character being a bit more cartoonish and being a bit more exaggerated in the way I am animating it.


I first started with the edge of the lips. I moved them down into a frown position and keyframed it onto frame 100 where the initial neck keyframe is for the head movement.
I then took the bottom lip and moved it out and up a bit to give the animation a bit more exaggeration of sadness and a bit more puckered look to the lips.
Just like the first head turn I moved the eyes to look over but to add to the sadness of the expression I made the eyes look down a bit as well.
The eyelids were also moved down to make it look sadder and I moved the other blinking keyframes over by 7 frames so that there is space for the delay I will add by duplicating the sad keyframes.
I duplicated the keyframes I added and made a 5 frame delay.
I then started to create the neutral keyframes for the transition to the next expression. I first did the lips on frame 150 because that is the middle transition point.
I then duplicated the neutral eye keyframe to frame 150 as well.

So far the animation is coming along pretty well, there are still some timing things that I will only be able to see on a better device and hopefully, I will have that up and running by next week, but until then the animation is coming along well and the only challenges so far have been getting the body parts in the right place to keep the animation looking smooth and natural. 

What I'm doing tomorrow:
Tomorrow I'll start on the next expression which will be anger, which is not too different from a sad expression, I will just need to incorporate the eyebrows and make the eyes give off anger because that is the key part in an angry expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment