Monday 10 February 2020

Day 9 - New project - head animation

New Project:
For my next animation project, I'll be doing another smaller animation but it will be a bit harder than the arm animation, at least in my eyes. My next animation is an animation of a head moving side to side and diagonally up both ways, I'll probably add more as I progress.

I'm going to be doing this without a tutorial but I will be using a reference.  The reason why I'm not using any type of tutorial for the head movement is that there aren't any that I could find online, but it shouldn't be too hard and I'm confident in my ability to do this without a reference.  If I decide to do facial animations later on then I will use a tutorial for help because they are more complex and it would be easier with a tutorial.

For the head itself, I'm using a model that I downloaded off of blend swap.com
Head model link
This model instead of major bones has a more detailed rig where the bones are what I refer to as "line bones"




I decided to do this animation after a lot of research and viewing different animations made in Blender on Youtube, and decided to do an animation on heads facial movement. The facial aspect will probably be my next project after this one.

The model that I chose also took me a bit of time to pick as I wanted a model with good a good head and facial rig as I didn't want to make it myself because I do not know how to rig a character. I looked threw many different websites for a model that met my criteria and tested a few but not many where good for me to do the type of animation I want to do.

For the reference, I'm using a reference of my own head moving in the motion I want.

This is the reference I'm using, it's mostly for the basic head movement.

What I'm doing tomorrow:
Tomorrow I'll be starting the project and will start with the side to side animation of the head.



No comments:

Post a Comment