Thursday 27 February 2020

Day 17 - Working anger and shocked expression

What I did today:
Today I finished up the anger expression and added small nostrils flares that I wanted to add at the end of my last post. I also finished the shocked expression. For today's post I worked on my better home computer, which helped a lot with the preview for the animation.

For the anger expression, I wanted to add some nostril flares which add a bit to the expression.
I first started by adding a neutral keyframe on frame 0

I then keyframed the nostril flare on frame 200 which I then moved to frame 190. I flared them by pressing 'S' and scaling them up. 
I duplicated the neutral position on frame 0 and moved it so it would stay the same until frame 170 where it would slowly start moving into the flared position. I also made a duplicate on frame 215 of the neutral position so it would end on frame 215.

I then added more blinks until the end and made it so the eye would be open at the end which would create a perfect loop.

Starting on the shocked expression I first opened the lower jaw into an open position. After this there is no more to do for the mouth for the shocked expression.

Then for the eyes, I first widened the eyelids into a shocked expression and made the keyframe on frame 250, and then to make sure the blink animation wouldn't affect the expression I moved the blink animation on frame 260 to 265.

I then did the same thing for the lower part of the eye.

I also raised the eyebrows up on frame 250 for the surprise and then put a neutral position on frame 270.

I then went and took everything I moved and duplicated the keyframes and moved them by 8 frames to frame 258 so that it would delay for a bit.

For today because I am on my other computer I didn't know how to screen record but for my next post, I will have it.

What I'm doing tomorrow:
Tomorrow I'm going to start on the hair animation because for now, it is just static and not moving. Hair is a bit harder to figure out the placement for it because hair is a bit random, which is hard to duplicate in an animation.




No comments:

Post a Comment