Friday 7 February 2020

Day 7 - Making better timing and looking more natural

What I did today:
Today I made changes in the pause when the hand is making the fist because previously it was forming faster then I wanted, so to fix this problem I increased the frame count at first to 200 and then to 170 after messing around with the timing. I also made keyframes of the fingers slightly bent in different areas to make the animation look more natural.

I moved the frame of the hand closing to frame 90 from frame 75 where it was before.

I also spaced out the last few frames because I wanted there to be a bit slower near the end.


I also went in at points where the fingers were straight and bent them a little because in an actual hand the fingers bend naturally. fingers aren't usually naturally straight and outstretched, so by bending them, it made the animation a bit more natural.

I did this at every major arm movement, with some being a bit more closed than others depending on how the movement is in real life.

I also bent the wrist a bit at some points such as the 90-degree point to give the arm a more lazy motion feel to it.

I also added some wrist motion in the keyframes where the arm is coming up towards the 90-degree point.

From what I did today the animation has started to look pretty good and accurate to the reference I used. It is still a bit robotic but I think that can be fixed with some movement of keyframes as well as some work in the graph editor.

What I'm doing tomorrow:
Tomorrow I'm going to be finishing up this animation and will try to make it lass robotic before I fully render it out. I will also show my process for rendering animations, and how to do it. I will also post about what my next project will be tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment